XP refers to your Experience Points. These are a measure of how much experience you have accumulated as your character, and generally how powerful you are. The more XP you have, the higher your level, and the more skill points you have available to allocate to your skills.
There are a variety of different ways of getting XP. It is received for the majority of in-game actions within the SWC interface. Some of the ways to accumulate XP are listed below:
Crafting nets you 10 XPs when you successfully complete crafting an item.
First Time XP
- You gained 20 XP with the following message: You have made your first post on the forums. (SWC forums)
- You gained 40 XP with the following message: You learned how to build a facility.
- You gained 10 XP with the following message: You found out how to form a party.
- You gained 40 XP with the following message: You now know how to use scanners.
- You gained 10 XP with the following message: You walked to another room for the first time.
- You gained 40 XP with the following message: You made your first hyperspace jump.
- You gained 20 XP with the following message: You learned how to use the transactions system. (send credits)
- You gained 40 XP with the following message: You have left your homeworld for horizons unknown. (travel sublight)
- You gained 20 XP with the following message: You found out how to assign assets. (assign something)
- You gained 50 XP with the following message: You sent a DM to your faction.
- You gained 100 XP with the following message: You used NPC Transport Service for the first time.
- You gained 50 XP with the following message: You successfully found your way out of the starting building.
- You gained 100 XP with the following message: You are now a faction member for the first time.
- You gained 20 XP with the following message: You started using the message system.
- You gained 20 XP with the following message: You sent your first faction join request
Those who are able to use the force gain experience every time they successfully train. As well as gaining experience towards their next level of force mastery, a character also gains 15 XP for every successful training session.
If training with an apprentice, should the apprentice successfully train then the apprentice gains 15 XP and the master gains 5 XP for overseeing them.
You receive XP each time you heal yourself from an injury and gain XP equal to half the amount of HP healed. The amount healed improves with your Medical Treatment skill and with the quality of medical items used. A bacta tank or medikit loaded with bacta refills heals for the greatest amount of HP, and therefore rewards you with the most XP (although a bacta tank takes a long time to complete healing and is an inefficient source of XP gain). Healing sticks provide the next highest amount of healing, followed by bacta patches.
Using a healing item while on board a medical entity, which is any entity containing at least one healing room, multiplies the amount of healing done by 1.3, and therefore also provides you with more XP.
Hunting is one of the most lucrative means of XP gain. You receive up to 40 XP per half hour combat round and cannot die. XP is decreased if you miss any shots. See the Hunting page for more information and for detailed advice about getting started and maximizing your XP gains.
Installing doors gives you a varying amount of XP, depending on the level of the door you are installing:
Mining nets you a set 10XP each time a mine finishes mining. This happens after the 7 day mining period ends. If the mine is set to 'repeat' then it will continue to mine, giving you 10XP every week until it stops.
Ground travel enables you to gain 1 XP per surface square traveled, and crossing terrain enables you to gain 10 XP. Space travel enables you to gain 1 XP per coordinate traveled, both in sublight and in hyperspace. Traveling between ground and atmosphere in a ship, or atmosphere and orbit, enables you to gain 5 XP for that trip.
Participating in White Scenarios rewards you with up to 150 XP per post, based on the quality and quantity of your roleplaying post content. The average per post is around 40 XP.
Participating in the Scenario Hall forum in the RPG Centre rewards you with up to 20 XP per post, also based on quality and quantity of your post content. These are easier to join than a White Scenario and require considerably less time for the moderators to complete scoring, so you receive XP more quickly.
There is no limit to the number of scenarios you can participate in simultaneously on either board.